Posted @
Jaguar interactive II

the Team 13 Story -- ended

Posted by Dan (d68.as8.nwbl0.wi.voyager.net) on August 31, 2000 at 23:27:38:

I thought that I should post this here just in case if anyone was wondering what happened to the Team 13 subsidiary of Dark Knight Games that Gary and I ran. Well, here's the shortened story...

Gary and I began working with DKG. We presented them with many ideas and products, and were told to wait. We were granted permission to release the Team 13 Joystick, but denied permission to do many other project ideas.

On February 13, 1999 (I remember the date because it was my birthday) we visited our site and all of our graphics were gone. In an attempt to reload them onto the server, we found the password had been changed and we could not access the server.

We immediately emailed DKG asking for the password. We were told they didn't know what the problem was and were working on it.

We emailed again. And again. And again. Same reply every time. Finally, we came upon the decision that we had Lynx games, prototypical products and many other Team 13 related things waiting for months to go, we lost hope in being "re-admitted" to our web site. We began conceptual work on the GOAT Store, figuring that we would give Dark Knight Games six months to respond to our pleas before actually launching our new site.

Six months passed. No word ever came.

In July, we launched our own online web site with the help of a few friends. We began not expecting it to be more then a small hobby and decided that we would finish work on things we had started. The JAMMA Joysticks, Dust Covers and Black Box are all ideas we began at least a year ago, and are finally completing now.

We attempted to secure the rights to the Team 13 name from Dark Knight Games. Again, Dark Knight Games did not reply to our emails. We decided that the best way to truly break ourselves away from them would be to change the name to the GOAT Store permanently, and devoting time to make it everything that Team 13 was and much more.

As of August 28, 2000 we submitted our official resignation to Dark Knight Games because of their failure to supply us what was promised. We may now officially state that we are working for the GOAT Store and have decided that we are going to expand it much beyond the scope of a hobby. We plan on bringing many new and exciting things to the Jaguar community and the gaming community as a whole.

For those of you that supported us when we took the risky (and, in retrospect, bad) choice of working with Dark Knight Games, thank you. And for those of you that have helped us start the GOAT Store up, we cannot thank you enough for your support. It really is great to be part of such a great online community.

If anyone has any questions or comments, please email me. Sorry for the long posting, but I thought a bunch of people online here would've been interested in this.

dan